Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 18,2014

Evan began his Leucovorin treatment last nite at about 5:30 PM.  I had reported yesterday that he should begin the treatment 12 hours after the last Methotrexate went in but I was wrong on that.  Please forgive me but there is a ton of information swirling around and I am bound to make an occasional error.
His blood was taken and analyzed for levels of Methotrexate after the Leucovorin treatment and it was 4.5 (not sure the unit of measurement) and for him to leave the hospital the level must be at .01 or less so he has a way to go.  The nursing staff will check the levels again after 5:30 PM today.  He is receiving Leucovorin at regular intervals along with fluids.  I was at the hospital this morning to deliver some pasta that he requested last night and he ate it as soon as I got there.  We made quite a bit so there is some for later if he would like some more.

I really appreciate people close by respecting Evan and Meghan's privacy and we appreciate all the gifts left for him. It will take a village to beat this and it is humbling to see just how many people want to belong to the village.

I will update later on how much his Methotrexate levels have dropped an possibly when he might be released.
It is 8:10 PM and the new numbers for Methotrexate levels are in; they are 0.27 down from 4.5 so hopefully in the next 12 hours or so the levels will  be below the .01 needed to get him out for a few days until Thursday.  Meghan just reported that they will check blood every 12 hours now and that his creatin (kidney) levels are doing just fine.  I will report in the morning as I get new information.

Just good news.  Please keep sending prayers and positive thoughts!  He is truly our Superman!!

Sunday January 19, 2014, 10:00 AM : Evan's Methotrexate level is at .17; still too high to bring him home yet.  He will have another blood draw at 5:00 PM and hopefully he can come home tonight.

No comments: