Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014

Evan started his Leucovorin rescue at 11:00 PM last night and had his blood tested.  Meghan sent a text today and his level is 3.17 which is lower than the first draw on the first treatment.  That number was 4.5 so he must be tolerating and getting rid of the Methotrexate better.
That worrisome liver level has also dropped to 500 which is lower than the last test of 700 and much lower than the first of 1100.  I suspect that a week from now the level will be very high and then taper off.
We have the rest of the family again for Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday.  I am making smoked Turkey for them and promised Evan I would save some thigh meat for him when he returns home.  If all goes according to plan that will be Monday.

This was Evan this morning after breakfast.
  
Update from Meghan:  As of 11:00 PM on 1/25 his levels have dropped to .24!  I believe they are drawing again at 11:00 AM on 1/26 and he can possibly go home if they are .10 or less.
Check back as I obtain updates I will post them here.

Update: 9:00 AM 01/26: Platelet levels are down along with CBC so he may have to have a transfusion.  I have directed donated to him and my donation is 31 days old and is good for 45.  We have another directed donor that I work with and she just donated 6 days ago so there is ample supply for him from very trusted sources!  Thanks to my co-worker!

Update 12:50 PM 01/26:  Methotrexate level is .14 so they will have to stay the night and have another draw at 11:00 PM.  They should be able to go home tomorrow morning.  The good news is his CBC is good so there will not be a need for transfusion.

No comments: