Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 02, 2014

Today is a down day for Evan.  We were expecting to break him out of the PONC (pediatric oncology) on the 4th floor of the hospital but it was not to be.  He began to feel unwell toward the end of the red devil and white lightning treatment and beg to have bouts of vomiting.  He was alright overnight and just as the Doctor came in to see him, Evan had another session of tossing the cookies.  The Doctor rightfully decided to keep him for observation as dehydration is a very real and serious thing for Evan.  He remains hooked up to IV hydration and in the pictures below you will see he looks ruddy and puffy because of it.  Around 4 they got him in a wheel chair to tour the hospital and I believe his Dad is with him to cheer him up.  We continue to watch the other kids until Dad comes to pick them up later tonight.  If Evan is feeling well tomorrow I will take him home from the hospital.

While I feel terrible that Evan has to stay another day in the hospital and that he isn't feeling well; I do believe this round was much better than the first.  We all are very aware that this is just the beginning and that there will be days of angst and days to celebrate.  This round of Chemo gave us both.

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming as we need all we can get to keep Evan positive and on track.  I can't say enough about the nursing staff and how well the take care of him.

I also mention Brad and Amy again for the giraffe, a gift he is cherishing as evident in the pictures.  Amy was at a meeting and ran into a vendor who had the giraffe.  She wanted to take a picture so she could give it to Evan.  When the vendor found out why she wanted to take the picture he was adamant she take the giraffe to Evan.  I hope with a little determination and research I can find out who this person is so I can personally thank him for his generosity.  The good within people never get enough press in my opinion.

I'll keep you all posted as we have events to talk about.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

How big is that giraffe? I sure hope he is feeling better soon, so he can go home