Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19, 2014


Well this was a great day for Evan!  At 9:00 AM he was surprised by a trio of Super Hero's rappelling down the outside of his window to greet him and cheer up his stay in the hospital.  Justin was able to secure the services of this Naples Florida group to come to the hospital here in Fort Myers to surprise him.  The hospital staff including the Media relations persons were really impressed that Justin had pulled this off as they have been attempting to secure the same trio for quite some time without success. Evan who is normally very talkative and assertive at the hospital was speechless!

To add to the positive atmosphere of the morning, both NBC-2 a local television station as well as the News Press a local news paper were on hand to record the event and to interview Evan and Meghan.  That interview was aired at 11:00 AM, Noon and 5:00 PM today.  NBC-2 also did a live feed from the hospital during the 11:00 AM broadcast.  I was very impressed on how Evan and Meghan handled the attention and how well they presented themselves on television.  It was a little overwhelming for me but I was also very proud of the moment.  A co-worker here, Loetta Morales (my administrative assistant) knows Nick Ciletti from NBC-2 and I asked her to contact him on Monday when I learned of the scheduled visit.  I did not know that NBC-2 was going to cover the event until 5 minutes before it happened.  Nick is a dedicated professional and handled the entire visit with diplomacy and the utmost care for Evan.  I have always liked this channel for news coverage and now I am even more dedicated to the station.

If the News press runs a story on Evan I will be sure to include a copy here.  I do believe they will as the reporter asked numerous questions and who doesn't love the face of an innocent child?

Update:  Just wanted to add a video or two of the ones I have been posting on Face Book.  I want to add here (and that is why you need to read the blog as well as Face Book is that I will write more deeply here), that nothing makes a Dad's heart melt faster when he realizes that his child has grown up and become a responsible adult. This clip of Meghan talking to a news reporter demonstrates this succinctly; she is direct; poised and never misses a beat.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/24769330/cancer-stricken-boy-gets-a-super-surprise?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9859789
















1 comment:

MrsJA said...

Bob, I almost cried when I stopped by the bank today and the girls told me what was going on after I heard some of it on the news yesterday...they say everything happens for a reason and thank God they found it early so there would be time to arrange a course of action....my prayers are with you, Meghan, Evan and the family....everything will work out I'm due time. Miss you guys and continuing to pray and hope for the best!