Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 27, 2014

Dropped off Evan and Meghan this morning at the hospital for his latest round of Chemo.  He is in great spirits and was ready to go the minute I got to his house.  It is amazing to me how he is able to go to a place that is going to make him sick and not feel well and I am greeted with a hug, smile and lets go attitude.  We of course had to take Matthew the giraffe along and I had to stuff him in the front seat and mom and son in the back.  The trunk was full of suit cases and totes full of clothes, food and giraffes.

He is currently hydrating and as soon as that is complete he will start the Methotrexate drip.  His white counts are good: WBC 3.8; HGB 10.5; PLT 430 and ANC 1520.

Evan ended Chemo treatment at about 7:00 PM on 2/27/2014.  The Chemo will be allowed to stay in him until about 3:00 PM today when the Vitamin regimen will begin to assist him in flushing the drug out.  He is resting and tolerating the procedure well so far and has only one bout of nausea this morning. 

I will keep you posted as I receive updates.

No comments: